Saturday, August 13, 2011

Shrimp Salad


Easy, elegant, versatile and oh so good! How can you go wrong with this salad? I recently catered an event where I made this salad and I had several people ask me for the recipe. It's too good not to share. And, it's so perfect for summer!


I start by taking my thawed, already cooked shrimp and laying them on a paper towel to get all the moisture out.

A few simple ingredients all thrown in a bowl ready to stir-up and you are done.


I love all the possibilities with this salad. You can serve it as a stand alone, in a bowl for lunch.


You can also serve it as an appetizer with crackers.

And of course, it would be a great first course to any meal, baked fish or grilled chicken or beef, to name a few. I have also made this ahead of time and packed it up for a picnic lunch or dinner.

Shrimp Salad

Ingredients
  • 4 cups chopped cooked shrimp
  • 3 thinly sliced green onions
  • 2 diced celery ribs
Dressing:
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • salt and pepper to taste

Place shrimp, green onions and celery in a bowl. In a separate bowl stir together the dressing ingredients. Stir together shrimp mixture and dressing.
See above for serving ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment